5 Qualities to Look for in a Drywall Company
There are a lot of do-it-yourselfers (DIYers) out in the world today. This is made more possible than ever thanks to YouTube and the plethora of DIY videos that can teach you how to do just about anything. And when we watch those videos, we sit back and tell ourselves that we can totally do what the person on the video just did. But oftentimes, we forget that the person making the video has probably done that activity hundreds if not thousands of times before. Of course, they may it look easy - because, for them, it IS easy.
Sometimes though, it is best to hire a professional. Drywalling is one of those situations. Unless you want crooked walls (hey, maybe that’s your design goal, and if so, power to you) or tape seams or a DIY look, then you probably want to reach out to a drywalling professional. But not all drywallers are the same. In fact, there are several so-called drywallers out there that are new to the business, haven’t put in the years as a journeyman to truly master the craft, or they are just trying to make a quick buck. Don’t find yourself in that situation.
At Father Son Drywall, we believe that there are five key traits that you should look for in a professional drywall company: professionalism, great work, customer satisfaction, a teamwork attitude, and, well, just being a great person. Of course, you’re probably thinking that physical strength and ability to lift and maneuver oddly shaped objects, dexterity and coordination, strong math and measurement skills, construction and mechanical knowledge, and great vision and depth perception are the most important traits. And you are correct - almost. All of these skills are super important. But in reality, those skills can be taught and acquired over time. The skills we are talking about are far beyond the quality of the work.
When hiring a drywaller, you want to work with a professional in every sense of the word
- Professionalism - In some industries, professionalism might mean someone dressed appropriately for work, aligned with the dress code in smart dress-pants, a button-up shirt, and a tie (hey, that can go for the ladies or the gents). Professionalism can also be about skills. At Father Son Drywall, we believe professionalism is about how we interact with our customers. We aren’t going to show up to your worksite in a suit and tie. Let’s face it, that gypsum is dusty! But we are going to treat you with respect. We’re going to be transparent in our communications. We are going to be on time. We are going to value you as our customer.
- Great work - Without a doubt, if you decide to work with Father Son Drywall, you are going to love our work. We are skilled drywallers and we have over 80 years of drywall experience amongst our team. We love what we do, and our family-owned business relies on high-quality work.
- Customer satisfaction - Nothing is more important to us than our customers. When you are hiring a drywaller, you want to know that you are hiring someone who is in the business for more than a paycheck. You want them to love what they do, and you want them to bring that love of the job to the worksite with them. When someone loves what they do, they put their all into the project to ensure that their customers are 100% satisfied. And we would want it no other way.
- Teamwork attitude - Not only do you want your drywaller team to work together well, but you also want them to include you as part of your team. No, of course, we’re not going to ask you to climb up on the scaffolding to install that drywall on your ceiling (unless you really want to - just kidding). But we are going to ask your input and make sure that you are part of all critical decisions. This is your project and the right drywaller will ensure that communication lines are open and that everyone is working together to ensure a job well done.
- Great people - When you are letting someone into your home or business to help you with a special project, you want to know that you are working with a good person. Unfortunately, there are just so many not-so-nice people in the world today. Our drywallers have families, special interests, and hobbies, just like everyone else. At Father Son Drywall, we hire not only the best drywallers but the best people too.
Father Son Drywall prides itself on professionalism, great work, and ensuring customer satisfaction. Further, we take great care in ensuring proper communication and project coordination, which helps us to guarantee quality workmanship that lasts. When you work with us, you’ll receive great work from great people.
Contact Us today. Give us a call or send us a text at 480 294-0809 or email us at James@FatherSonDrywall.com. Learn more about our services. and be sure to follow-up on Instagram - Twitter - Tumblr- Youtube - Pinterest and Google Sites!